Noopept belongs to a class of drugs called nootropics, commonly known as smart drugs or cognitive enhancers. Nootropics are becoming increasingly popular because of their ability to increase brainpower and improve cognitive performance. This drug is considered as one of the most effective nootropics available. This is our Noopept Review.
How Does Noopept Work?
Once taken, the pill takes as little as 15 to 20 minutes to take effect. Noopept gets absorbed in the body through the gastrointestinal tract and instantly crosses the blood-brain barrier. It works by binding itself to the glutamatergic AMPA receptor site, allowing glutamate to move quickly from one brain cell to another. Glutamate is one of the strongest neurotransmitters in the brain, and boosting its work efficiency and movement among brain cells can significantly improve cognitive abilities.
Advantages of Taking Noopept Pills
The pills can have both short-term and long-term benefits on your brain if taken regularly, this is the Noopept experience. It has a positive impact on your mind and is beneficial in the following ways:
- Improves overall memory capacity
- Allows you to concentrate on things for a more extended amount of time.
- Enhances your ability to categorize, recall, and store information
- Increases your ability to grasp and process information, allowing you to think and act faster than your peers.
- Helps you think more clearly by increasing the quantity of oxygen received by your brain.
- Improves your productivity
- Boosts your social abilities and lowers your inhibitions, allowing you to express yourself more effectively in public.
- Improves the brain’s glucose metabolism
- Reverses effects of alcohol abuse on the brain
- Increases the brain’s plasticity
- Helps form new neurons and synapses
- Can work as a therapeutic drug for treating mental retardation and chronic neurodegenerative disorders.
The Noopept side effects are much safer than other nootropic drugs and does not have any long-term side effects. However, like any other drug, it does have a few short-term side effects that you may experience if you are taking Noopept for the first time. Most of these side effects do not last for a long time and might even disappear as your body adjusts to the use of Noopept. You can also counter these side effects by eating healthy, exercising regularly, and taking multivitamin supplements. However, consult your doctor if any of these side effects worsen or persist:
- Gastrointestinal problems
Noopept is a potent compound and should only be taken according to the prescribed dosage to avoid overdose. It is better to start with a low dosage and then gradually increase your dose if the previous dose is not enough for the desired effect. It is preferable to take 5 mg tablets twice or thrice a day unless prescribed otherwise by your doctor. You can then increase your dose to 10 to 30 mg per day, even to 40 mg per day. However, make sure you consult your consultant before increasing your dosage by taking 20 mg tablets thrice a day can lead to overdose. It is also better to take a break over weekends to become more tolerant of the use of the drug, if you are taking it for an extended period. Our Noopept dosage recommendations are only that. Although Noopept is not known to have any adverse reactions to other drugs, it is better to consult your doctor before taking other medications and supplements while using it.